Did you know that your fries are the best match to your Champagne?
Oh yes! Your childhood’s (and your adulthood’s quite possibly!) favourite food is the perfect match to your favourite bubbles! As a matter of fact, salty foods and foods fried in oil pair extremely well with sparkling wines. The wine’s acidity and effervescence provide a refreshing palate cleanser. More specifically in case you ever wondered what you would match your sparkler with, here are some suggestions:
- Rose sparkling wine is not as sweet as it is considered to be, so it is excellent with brie, prosciutto, smoked salmon, chocolate and raspberries, cured and smoked meats, duck, salads, shellfish, berries and pork.
- Red sparkling wine pairs well with duck and lamb. A great example of red sparkling wine is the Italian Lambrusco.
- Champagne is perfect with potato chips, caviar, smoked salmon, cheeses, fish and shellfish. It is also perfect with cream sauces, potpies, savoury turnovers, Asian dishes of all kinds, all kinds of sausages, fruity condiments, salty foods, all kinds of deep-fried foods, and all kinds of flavoured or non-flavoured popcorn. Yum!
- Prosecco on the other hand, even if it has a dry profile, still keeps its fruity notes of apple, pear and apricot. You can pair your favourite prosecco with almonds, antipasto, asparagus, sushi, smoked salmon, shrimp cocktail, and honey themed meals.
- Moscato d’Asti as the sweeter Italian alternative in sparklers, is well recommended with toasted almonds, cheesecake, raspberries, ginger snaps, lemon sugar cookies, lemon meringue, fruit sorbet, peach cobbler, Turkish delight, Christmas pavlova and every heavy cake you could imagine.
- Spanish Cava goes well with paella, manchego cheese, olives, almonds, potato chips, fried fish and proschiutto
Now you know how to best enjoy your bubbles with!